From:
Joe Waggle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:11:00 -0400
Olda Vancata <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

...The pin test WILL DO.
>http://www.quicknet.se/home/q-119076/BONUS/HYG/stjalpa.pdf

Hi Olda,
someone help, I'm searching for a way to translate the page. Thanks!

I'm glad we can count on our friends overseas to show our youngsters these
simple methods are effective. Thanks.

To Olda & All,

Pertaining to resistance to foulbrood in hygienic honeybees.  When do they
detect the infection and at waht stage is it cleaned it up?

For example, Would it be common in hygienic bees infected with AFB, to
develop a case of AFB that was limited to less than 15 cells and cleaned
up while the infection was still in the vegetative stage?

Would a colony that cleaned up infection in the vegetative stage in your
opinion require burning or other treatment?  Or would it be considered
cured because the infection did not advance to the contagious spore stage?

Also, AFB resistant bees are said to also clean up AFB spores in infected
honey by action of the honey stopper.  The honey stomach retains the spore
containing honey load in the honey stomach and controls passage of food
into the midgut filtering out the spores.,,  Is there a selection
technique for this?