From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Oct 2005 17:16:25 -0600
> ...but bee sizes are fairly consistent, with early spring bees being about
> the same size, large cell or small cell and only later do large cell get
> bigger than small, but not that much.

We always had small bees in spring, but, as reported here previously, we did
not notice this much, after we started feeding pollen supplement in spring.

We assumed the small size was due to poorer nutrition in spring due to older
nurse bees, more brood being reared, and less fresh pollen available, and
therefore that feeding them was a good idea.

There is that word again -- assume.

allen

I have long been of the opinion that if work were such a splendid thing the
rich would have kept more of it for themselves.
            -- Bruce Grocott