From:
Chris Betzold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 11:44:09 EDT
At the very least I would write up an incident report at the lactation
consultant.  As the mother at the very least I would go to the administration and do
my best to get this nurse fired.  If my baby developed leukemia, diabetes or
any alllergic disease particularily a cow's milk allergy--I would pursue
litigation.  Chris

In a message dated 4/10/2004 6:16:36 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
THE MOM STATES "THE NURSE RIPPED THE BABY OFF THE BREAST." TO TOP IT OFF
> THE BABY WAS NEVER BROUGHT BACK TO HER TILL 9:30 AM. - 6 HRS. LATER; THE MOM
> WENT HYSTERICAL WHEN SHE SAW A HALF A BOTTLE IN THE CRIB.
> I FEEL THAT THIS WOULD BE CAUSE FOR A LAWSUIT TO THE HOSP. - CAN
> IT?????????????????????????
> I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP & DON'T KNOW WHER ELSE TO LOOK. I CAN'T FIND
> ANYTHING ON THE AAP WEBSITE. I  USE BOTH THE ENG. & SPAN. VERSION OF THE
> BENEFITS OF BF Q DAY. CAN YOU HELP ME? I KNOW IF THE STAFF SEES IT IN BLACK
&
> WHITE THEY JUST MAY START THINKING MORE.
> ALSO CAN IT BE WRITTEN UP AS A MED. ERROR?
> THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR TIME.
> ELAINE S. MIRANDA RN, CBC, CCE

Christine Betzold NP IBCLC MSN
www.starfireinternational.net/breastfed