From:
Teresa Vinisky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 16:43:26 EST
In a message dated 12/26/01 8:12:54 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< 1) mothers of multiples are taller than mothers of singletons, but not
 heavier (pre-pregnancy, that is :-)
<snicker> YEs, I find myself towering over a large amount of people. Oh
wait...those are children. I'm 5'2"
 2) fraternal twins are hereditary, through the mother's side, and it is
 assumed that the tendency to release two eggs is hereditary
I'm not sure yet if these are fraternal or identical. I keep reading about
frat. twins being hereditary through mothers side. However, there are no
fraternal twins on my mothers side. My mothers father was a frat
twin...Wait....That's where I get confused. HIs mother obviously was throwing
out "too many" eggs..could that be carried from my moms grandmother, to mom's
father to mom to me? Or does it have to go mother, mother, mother....From
what I'm reading has to go totally through women, right? But there are lots
of twins on mom's dad's side, but none on the other.
 3) mothers of fraternal twins reach menopause earlier than others. (I
 tricked my memory into retaining this by thinking that I was using up my
 eggs more quickly than others, but that doesn't make real sense, just
 figurative sense.)
Ok, not sure how I feel about this. Guess I'll let you know in 20 years or
so. Remind me.

 4) I am really not sure about whether twins tend to be conceived earlier
 in the cycle than singletons... I remember something to that effect. >>

Hmm..I conceived exactly day 14. I know I did. Now I'm so confused.
Sorry, I'm a bit giddy...Trying to get through to the mothers on my multiples
board that yes, I wll Be able to bf twins, why wouldn't I? Apparently it's a
rare strange thing. Barely anyone can do it so they tell me. <sigh>
Teresa-LLL in PA, mom to Brady (4) Abbey (almost 3) and twins due April 2002