From:
Michelle DePesa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 14:21:58 -0400
I would not be remotely surprised if Regis were "prompted" to make such
remarks due to pressure of advertisers. TV is completely and totally
advertiser-driven, and N----e is a huge sponsor of ABC which shows the View
and Kelly Ripa's soap (I do not know if the Regis show is on this network).
Remember that "Sweepstakes for new tired moms" whose prize included a case
of formula? That was a tv network.

It must be frustrating to have a glamorous ultra-sucessful woman who is
outspoken about successfully breastfeeding 2 children (and co-sleeping) then
cut to a commercial break where their major advertiser is now trying to get
women viewers to buy into their "Comfort Proteins". Prodding by producers
would also explain Kelly Ripa's wimpy reply to Regis. This would hold true
on The View as well. Daytime tv is riddled with ABM abd bottle ads.

Mercenary Regis and this View host whom I am not familiar with are also
serving to "not alienate" the bottle-feeding viewers who might see Kelly's
success and feel "guilty" (or so in their Neilson rating's mindset). They
can feel comforted knowing that at least one powerful (talentless) rich man,
and one other successful tv woman approve of *not* breastfeeding.

Michelle DePesa
conspiracy theorist and rabid hater of all things TV