From:
Lisa Dugan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 22:52:21 -0500
Judy,

I am sure you will get more qualified answers but anecdotally, I had a severe yeast problem that was similar to what you described  -- painful latch, pain worse during feed but remained thereafter, one breast much more painful than the other and absolutely no visual symptoms.  Baby also did not have oral thrush, and did, only eventually, have yeast diaper rash.  The only time I had shooting pain was in the very first days (which hospital nurses told me was my letdown.)  OB said it wasn't yeast, phone helpers said it was -- LC diagnosed it and suggested diflucan.  Doc gave me 2 pills - didn't work, recurred, and then LC suggested 7 day course.  Relief, finally, was awesome -- had gone on for 6 weeks.

Lisa Dugan
LLL
Southern NJ