From:
Hans Aulmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 20:06:42 +0500
Rachel,
Had quite a giggle after reading this comment re exclusive BF! My boys were
both actively crawling on the floor at 5 months and feeling I was doing a
great job 'sole BF(now known as exclusive BF) I was having a bit of a brag
to a Bottle feeding advocate Clinic Sister, when Nic(now 30yrs) had a large
bowel action,(He was stripped to weigh him),out came three medium sized
seashells, that a friend's daughter was playing with the previous day!! Now
tinted a pretty curdly yellow! He started solids at 6 months, under
instruction from Doctor as he'd continued to demand 3 hourly throughout his
life 'and' Doctor urgently wanted me back at work! So with this I felt
pressured to try Solids but his nibs decided not long after he wanted three
meals and not me unless at night!
No.2 son Christopher(28+) at 4 1/2 months used to go to Play group and also
Morning Kinder with me. He crawled around the floor (and his playpen) but no
one ever saw him dismantle the bead board. The next morning after, to my
utter horror, he passed, without even a sign of distress, 6 beads about the
diameter of your thumb, mixed with sweet smelling curds and 'whey'!!! I
nearly died and watched like a hawk 'to see more'. On ringing the school
shortly after, the Giggling teacher arrived, not long after and all beads
were accounted for! But what 'took the cake' so to say, was she just put
them back into the box. I didn't get asked 'if I'd so much as washed them'!
She just thought it all a huge Joke and thewhole town, all knew by mid
morning. He BF till 9 months, when he was all but walking and started
solids(he was a solid little chap who rolled off my lap,- often with nipple
sucking furiously, if his father or any one arrived in the door. Suddenly
one morning He deciding after the usual morning feed that BF out,- cup in
and thereafter lined up with the kids for cups of milk at meals and between,
taking theirs if they were not quickly on the scene.
That was the end of our Feeding relationship but he was very possessive of
my breast 'though He never BF again.
HOPE YOU CAN SEE WHY I ENJOYED YOUR STORY- As most of my generation
Bottlefed and I was an oddity as I fed all four and they were 4 under 5yrs
as Christopher was a month old.
Hope you enjoy mine I lived then in the highlands of Tasmania, Australia's
tiny island state and worked as a midwife/ Highland sister.
Glad you liked Anne Geddes pics, I thought them worth sharing!
Robyn Aulmann,RM
Quetta, Pakistan

Robyn