Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 15:56:35 +0100
At 7:05 am -0500 24/10/00, Anna Swisher wrote:
>Has anyone heard of this company, BabyTechnique, or of the person  running
>it?
>
>This site is advocating scheduling babies, and check out the
>fees....including '72 hour live-in service to achieve the scheduling.
>
>http://www.babytec.com/maytopic.htm

I have read this, and like you, Anna, I am disturbed. The author of
the site seems to be kindly, but her information and understanding of
how bf works are not of a high standard. She is indeed in favour of
schedules, which she calls 'structuring' and feels able to make such
statements as

"Structured babies function better throughout life."

There are other examples of this on the site.  I note the author has
a CLE qualification.

It all has echoes of a new baby programme becoming popular in the UK,
written by someone called Gina Ford who is a maternity nurse. She has
written a book called The Contented Little Baby Book which we have
dubbed The Contentious Little Baby Book. She has a TV slot coming up,
and has also apparently written a book about toddlers. The info in
the book is indeed highly questionable, and shows little
understanding of the relationship aspects of bf, as well as the
physical side if how it works.

There are always backlashes against bf.

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc Newcastle upon Tyne UK