From:
"Mading, Winifred" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 15:06:35 -0500
A mom called concerned about using two kinds of eye drops.  Her Pediatrician
contacted a pharmacist who of course only referred to PDR.  Neither is in
MMM.  First is Prednisolone and the second is Cyclopentolate.
My initial feeling is that even is she uses poor technique (not pressing the
tear duct to prevent them from getting into her system) so very little would
get to the milk as to be insignificant.  The first is apparently a form of
prednisone which is OK per the AAP.
She felt reassured, but wanted a little more confirmation that they would
not pose a problem.  Incidentally, the eye doctor had no concerns about her
nursing on these meds.
Jack or Tom if you're out there, any input?  Or has anyone else any specific
info?
Thanks
Winnie (posting from work so I can get back to the mom quicker than waiting
till I get home)