From:
Carol Bartle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 22:10:02 +1200
Dear Lactnetters
I'm looking for any useful info about policy regarding women in prison and
breastfeeding. Does anyone either know of somewhere that babies are
either allowed to stay with their mothers in prison /can be transported to
the prison for feeds/ or milk expressing facilities are provided for
breastfeeding women? I'm interested in any policies or practices
worldwide so would welcome responses from anyone. If anyone knows
where I can get hold of useful web sites or has references for papers I
would be very grateful. Please feel free to email me privately
Thank you, Carol Bartle (Midwife/LC in Christchurch New Zealand)
(Looking forward to the NZ launch of BFHI during World Breastfeeding
Week and enjoying a very mild winter down under!)