Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 20:00:33 EDT
I have a question that I guess applies to hospital and private practice LC's.
When a mother call on the phone and reallly needs to be seen how do you
convince her to come in for an appointment? So often the mothers will say
they cannot afford the outpatient fee. Secondly, if they say they can't
afford the fee, then what? Esp. with the hospital LC's and the mom is shortly
PP there are liability and public relations issues, one cannot turn someone
away. Thirdly, for the nonRN IBCLCs, how do you get around the fact that you
can't take a doctor's order? Any help with these questions would be greatly
appreciated, we are having a mini-challenge with these issues. TIA  Maria
Winschel IBCLC, Naples FL