From:
Susan Majoris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 23:11:52 -0400
I have been working with a first time mom and baby for several weeks now to
increase milk supply. The mom had breast reduction surgery 6 years ago that
from incisions, looks to have been quite extensive - with a transverse
incision in lower breast tissue then a vertical that extends upward toward
her areola and peri-areolar incisions bilaterally since nipple
repositioning was done.
We have used bf by baby with in between pumping.  pumping yields an ounce
or so bilat. Mom then decided to try pumping approx. 10 times/day for 15-20
minutes with double pump still yielding 1-2 oz. Mom last week started to
take fenugreek caps. 3 X day. We discussed the possibility of nerve damage
from surgery. So mom is aware. Can anyone suggest something that I may be
missing. Mom is now pumping continually, but because of low supply
supplements with expressed milk and abm. She puts the baby to the breast
before supplementing with expressed milk or abm.
Oral structure on baby appears normal. When on the breast - baby has a suck
pattern with audible swallow.
I would love to see an improvement in supply here - but I realize that may
not be possible. TIA for any response you may have.
Sue -
*ready for spring!!!***