From:
Judi Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 08:23:42 EST
I stand corrected in why OB's entered the business.  However, that wasn't my
main point.  I wanted to make a point that we keep proper balance in our
practice.  Sorry I was not technically correct in OB's entering the
childbirth arena.  There is much hostility against them.  Let us keep in mind
however, that they have influence, power and in many settings control over
policies and practices.  No matter how it happened, many women deliver babies
under their care.  We are here to maximize breastfeeding success sometimes in
spite of a woman's choice of an epidural, hospital birth, etc.  I personally
do think I would like to have an OB around when the mother has serious
complications in pregnancy, delivery, etc.
Judi Hall