From:
Louise Dumas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 11:41:52 -0500
Lechia wrote: "I have a mom that had a home birth, never entered a
doctor's office, strictly BF mom who never signed up for freebies, who
still received this survey and sample offers.  She was SO angry!  How DO
they get their mailing lists?"

I would then look at the birth registration's place... Is it possible
that the formula companies have that kind of influence in USA? Here in
Quebec, and I guess in the rest of Canada too, this giving away of
confidential (or more or less confidential) informations is not
permitted.

But if you mom has never been part of the health system
whatsoever...this is one place to look for. I would also question the
following: did she follow prenatal classes of any type? Did she post the
birth announcement in the newspaper? Did she give her name and address
to a store where she would have bought maternity clothes?

Keep us posted. Louise

Louise Dumas, R.N., M.S.N., PhD
Professor-researcher in Nursing Sciences
University of Quebec in Hull

mailto:[log in to unmask]