From:
Cindy Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 11:44:44 -0500
I was surprised to see that a site slipped through and still had the pic
on the net, the following is part of the mail I received some many
months ago asking me to remove it from my site :

"Though we support your efforts to advocate for breastfeeding, UNICEF
     maintains an embargo on the use of UNICEF photographs by non-United

     Nations organizations in all electronic formats.  This policy has
been
     created to protect UNICEF photographs from mis-use, given the
     impossibility of tracking web usage and to preserve our
photographic
     archive for child advocacy.  We also have strict legal obligations
     the professional photographers who create UNICEF images, to ensure
     that their work is used appropriately.  Until the technical means
are
     in place to secure digital image files from being transferred from
one
     web page to another, this policy will remain in effect.

     The current embargo implies that any unauthorized web usage, such
as
     your use of the UNICEF photo of the Pakistani woman feeding her
twin
     babies (www.erols.com/cindyrn/twins.htm), is a breach of copyright.

     This image must be removed from your web site immediately.

     Thank you for your attention to this matter."

--
Cindy Curtis,RN,IBCLC
Virginia,USA