HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Mark Branstner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2011 07:24:36 -0500
Good Morning,

I just heard from the SHA 2012 organizers that they were currently
unaware of a generalized War of 1812 session having already been
organized for the SHA meetings in Baltimore.

So, if there is enough interest I would be more than willing to take
on the organizational duties.  I have already heard from at least
three different groups of investigators, and would be interested in
any others that might be interested.

Please contact me off-list, and I will be more than happy to start
the ball rolling. Submittals are a little more complicated this year,
and we will need to get things finalized by the the first week of
July.  Please let me know your intentions ASAP and we'll go from
there.

And please pass the word on to any of your colleagues that such a
session is in the works. Any leads to other relevant research(ers)
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

--

Mark C. Branstner, RPA
Historic Archaeologist

Illinois State Archaeological Survey
Prairie Research Institute
209 Nuclear Physics Lab, MC-571
23 East Stadium Drive
Champaign, IL 61820

Phone: 217.244.0892
Fax: 217.244.7458
Cell: 517.927.4556

"I hope that was an empty bottle, George! You can't afford to waste
good liquor. Not on your salary, not on an associate professor's
salary!" Elizabeth Taylor (1932-2011) as 'Martha' in 'Who's Afraid of
Virginia Woolf'