HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carol Serr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 16:22:09 -0800
I was digging a 2x2 m unit...down 2 m...and on one wall...there was a fresh
rodent run...probably about a 50 cm down from the surface.  The little
mousey came to the new "door" (edge) of the hole...looked down below...and
scurried back inside.  My pit partner shoved a wedge of apple from her
lunch in the hole...as a dual purpose door (block)...and a snack.  :o)    I
hated disturbing mice nests (but they didnt 'scare' me)...and even
scorpions.  Encountered about 3 of those while excavating thru adobe melt
one day. Oh boy.