HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
George Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 19:37:36 -0500
Sleeping solitary Bumblebees are fun to find to. Like Carpenter bees used
recently to pollinate crops (a very bad thing has attacked bees) brought in
on a big board, they have solitary little "nests" go out and come back to
their cell. Interesting behavior. I was doing a survey in Paramus, NJ on the
Little Sprout Brook, behind the abandoned drive-in and cut down a wall to
look at the stratigraphy as advantageously the drainage had been cut to
drain around the drive-in. There was the sleepy bee! The brook is the one
one crosses over in front of a large shopping establishment.

More flooding has occurred in the Passaic River again, 20 years after the
survey, Lincoln Park, NJ particularly hard hit. I think it's all the
development in Lodi, NJ with its wonderful statue of Christopher Columbus.
It chokes from flowing and backs up all the way to the "fountains" of Wayne.
NJ.

George Myers

Expand your wine savvy — and get some great new recipes — at MSN Wine.
http://wine.msn.com