From:
Michael Stein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 14:07:02 EDT
Patrik Enander wrote that he recently discovered the joys of this piece.
I'ts been a source of wonder and frustration for me for some time.  I
love the piece, but haven't found a performance that sounds just right for
me.  A live performance years ago in the US by a traveling group calling
themselves the Vienna Chamber Players combined that Schubertian sound that
I can't explain (but you know it when you hear it) with that Viennese
rhythm that the piece can support.  Would listers care to identify some
of their favorite recordings?

Michael Stein