From:
Jon Johanning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 09:28:42 -0500
Ulvi Yurtsever wrote:

>One interesting response is, AFAIK, Richter was homosexual.

I don't see any contradiction between masculinity and homosexuality.  The
latter is one way of being masculine (or feminine, as the case may be).

I believe we have touched on this subject with reference to music before,
in connection with such questions as whether one can hear homosexuality in
the works of such composers as Tchaikovsky; my opinion is that one can't.
And I would say, as a generalization, that one can't tell the difference in
sexual orientation in the work of performers, either.

Jon Johanning // [log in to unmask]