From:
Jeffrey James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 10:37:17 -0500
Regarding the current discussion of the best performances of the
Shostakovich symphonies, I thought you'd like to know about an upcoming
Shostakovich symphony cycle, conducted by Vakhtang Jordania, that will be
appearing on the new Angelok1 label.  Perhaps you've seen their ads in
Fanfare, American Record Guide or Gramophone.

The first release will be in May and will feature the Symphony No.  11 -
Jordania leading the Royal Philharmonic.  This will be followed soon after
by Symphonies 6 and 9, both with Jordania and his Russian Federal Orchestra
of Moscow.

Vakhtang Jordania was a student of Yevgeny Mravinsky.  He conducts
Shostakovich with tremendous power and authority, as anyone who saw his
June 1999 performance of the 15th symphony with the American Symphony can
attest.

We're looking forward to releasing these great performances.  We'll be very
interested to see what your reactions are to them.

Jeffrey James
Jeffrey James Arts Consulting