From:
Kenneth Robert McGuire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 17:30:25 -0500
Donald Satz wrote:

(Nominations for Ma, Slava and Blysma deleted)

>Which cellists would make good back-ups in case of illness? We can't have
>any coughing, sneezing, or throat clearing at a concert performance.

Janos Starker has been an impressive player for at least the last 40 years.
He should also be considered, but his appeal is more to cellists than the
general public.

Lynn Harrell and Raphael Wallfinsch also come to mind.

I'd question if any of these players would accept being back ups...

Ken McGuire