From:
Ron Chaplin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 06:18:45 PDT
Growing up in the New York metropolitan area in the early '50's, I
used to watch, on our Muntz TV, a kid's show in Channel 13, way before
It became WNET.  I forget the actual name of it, but it was hosted by
Uncle Fred Sales, who lived in Nutley, NJ.  Anyhow what I remember most
are the Farmer Gray cartoons, very old, line cartoons featuring Farmer
Gray's epic struggles with mice.  The point of all of this is that the
sound track's were Strauss polkas, specifically the Tritch-Tratch-Polka.
I was entranced, as much by the music as by the cartoons.  A prisoner in
the kitchen, hearing the same music played over and over, it used to drive
my mother crazy.  As 5 or 6 year old, I loved it.

Ron Chaplin