From:
Andrea Eastman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 14:14:48 -0400
Hello again,

I just returned from the Lymphatic Breast Care workshop taught by
Dr. Bruno Chikly and Alaya Chikly through the Upledger Institute
(http://www.upledger.com).

It was an amazing workshop.  We learned a great deal of
information and theory on the lymphatic system, etc.  We did tons
of hands-on work.  We learned to feel the flow of the lymph, and
how to guide it toward the mother nodes of each lymphotome.

My mind is still reeling, processing this information.  This
technique is SO useful for dealing with edema of any kind,
especially edema of the breast associated with engorgement,
mastitis, plugged ducts, filled ducts, sore nipples, etc.  The
list goes on and on.

It is hard for me to precisely describe the technique because it
is all in the hands, feeling the flow and guiding it.  In fact I
had to learn to "think" with my hands and turn off my brain.  For
me, learning to feel the flow was alot like trying to catch a
butterfly -- the harder I thought about it, the less I felt it.

I have no financial involvement with Upledger.  I attended the
workshop on my own and was so very impressed by it all that I
wanted to share with several thousand colleagues.

Sincerely,
Andrea

--
Andrea Eastman, MA, CCE, IBCLC