SCCSC-L Archives

Springfield/Clark County Safety Council Discussion List

SCCSC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Tammy Beckett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tammy Beckett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 2009 08:22:00 -0500
Tara,

One of your questions was about how this interacts with any state fire
codes... I did a little research on the Ohio Revised Code and found that
Ohio's State Fire Code states

The state fire code adopted pursuant to sections 3737.82 and 3737.83 of
the Revised Code shall not contain any provision as follows:

(1) Relating to the organization or structure of a municipal or township
fire department;

(2) Relating to structural building requirements covered by the Ohio
building code;

(3) That would cause an employer, in complying with it, to be in
violation of the "Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970," 84 Stat.
1590, 29 U.S.C.A. 651, or the "Consumer Product Safety Act of 1972," 86
Stat. 1207, 15 U.S.C.A. 2051;

(4) Regulating manufacturers or manufacturing facilities with respect to
occupational hazards where they are subject to regulation by the federal
occupational safety and health administration;

And it goes on....the link is below

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/3737

It appears to me that we must follow the OSHA and NFPA guidance to
ensure we are doing what is right by all agencies. By the way, NFPA uses
the monthly inspection standard as well. They allow for electronic
recordkeeping, as long as it is easily accessible.

Good Question.

Tammy Beckett, PHR

HR/Safety Manager

Triec Electrical Services