From:
Bob Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 2010 21:43:13 -0500
On 30-Dec-10, at 5:47 PM, Juanse Barros wrote:

> The plant have a 5.5 kw genset. It is not grounded.
> The genset works, and all the motors inside the plant work
> (hotwater and
> cold pumps, decaper).
>
> The horizontal extractor is the one that doesn't want to work. It
> have an
> electronic regulator/control (for speed and time of extraction).

Hi Juanse

I'm guessing that your system is 250 volt and all your motors are 250
volt.  The horizontal extractor(likely north american manufacture) is
also 250 volt but the control is 120 volt.  Likely the system is
intended to be grounded at the centre tap providing  120/125 volt for
the control.  Please don't assume I'm right as the sparks won't fly
this far.  I worked in Nigeria and Jamaica  where equipment was
imported from all over the world, during my electrical career but I
can't troubleshoot safely from this distance.

Bob Darrell
Caledon Ontario
Canada
44N80W( up to +10C New Years day, back down to -4C Sunday - will take
a peek at my hives tomorrow as many bees flying today in spite of
cloud, drizzle, and 0C temps)