From:
Robert Butcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 12:38:19 GMT
Hi everyone,
I am keen to receive samples of varroa (especially, but any other
mites are of interest) and bees from infected colonies around the
world, for research purposes.
 If you are willing to send any, or want to know anymore, please do
not hesitate to ask  for more details.
 However basically  it would require around 20 mites and a few (3-10)
bees (workers are fine) from the infected colony, drowned into
absolute ethanol and then transferred into 70% ethanol after a day or
so to allow for shipping (absolute ethanol is usually not permitted).
I would of course provide the ethanol and vials and reimburse
postage.
Thanks
All the best
rob

Robert Butcher,
Evolutionary and Ecological Entomology Unit,
Department of Biological Sciences,
Dundee University,
Dundee, DD1 4HN,
Tayside, Scotland,
UK.
Work Phone:- 01382-344291 (Office), 01382-344756 (Lab).
Fax:- 01382-344864
e-mail:- [log in to unmask]