From:
Rick Hough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 1994 20:22:52 +0000
Adam Finkelstein   <[log in to unmask]> recently wrote:
> Andy,
>simply forward me the FAQ's each time you update them, and I can archive
>them at FTP sites, as can others.
>Would this work?

Adam,
I think you missed the main point of Andy's plea - If I read
his original post correctly, he is looking for assistance _authoring_
the FAQs that he can then distribute via his automatic e-mail
response system. This is very similar to our own problems
maintaining the BEE-L and sci.agriculture.beekeeping
FAQs - we just don't have enough time to do all the FAQ
authoring ourselves! So, Andy would like it if assorted
"experts" would fetch FAQ documents related to their area
of expertise, and review/revise/improve them and send the
improved document back to Andy so that we can all benefit from
an improved FAQ collection [did I get that right, Andy??]
Actually, the same plea applies to all who read the BEE-L and
s.a.beekeeping FAQs - please send in your suggestions
so we can improve that document as well!

With that said, you (Adam) have still brought up a good
point - improving access & distribution of Andy's collection.
It would be cool make the collection "ftp-able". That way
folks with good network access don't have to wait for Andy's
"mail runs at 6AM and 6PM", and the resulting turn-around
delay. But, it's not up to me to tell Andy how to run his
BBS or how to distribute his material! I'll let you guys work
that one out.

BTW - Thanks, Andy, for making all this material available,
and for maintaining, updating it, etc. I know it can consume
a surprising amount of time!!

Time to go home - been a long day at work!
G'night
Rick