From:
Bob Young <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 23 May 1999 20:40:25 -0500
Faced with a swarm 20 feet up in a tree, I rigged a simple device to catch
them.
I took a 12 ft. joint of 1 1/2" PVC pipe, stuck my fishing net handle down
in it and
securely "duck" taped it to the pipe. I then put an old bed sheet in the
net and taped it
to make a crude bag. We then backed the pickup under the bees and  stood in
the
back of the truck to get the additional height. I held the net under the
bees and Dad
gave the limb a good quick jerk with the hook of a pruning pole. Most of
the bees went into
the bag. It was a big swarm and the pipe bent a lot under the weight, but
it worked perfectly.

Bob Young
Lindale,TX