From:
Bill Hesbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2023 18:53:08 -0400
> Could  a stable, dominant, and less-virulent strain of DWV-B ultimately be part of the solution towards stable population-level resistance development?

It would be great if DWV evolved toward less virulence and eventually didn't deform wings or kill the host - it seems like a long shot. But even if DWV mutations shift toward less virulence the problem is still varroa and their consumption of the irreplaceable fat bodies that they drain out of the pupa. That's still a significant problem with or without deformed wings. Don't get me wrong, I'm for treatment free that's why I only treat for varroa, so for everything else, I'm treatment free.