From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 09:07:22 +0100
Hi Bill

> Some of the "chemicals" are not soluble in water or honey but they do
> end up in wax.. There they can last for a long time because they are not
> in contact with air or water. They break down quickly if exposed to air,
> water and light.

It is not as 'cut and dried' as you suggest, it is more a case of
variable solubility in wax or water based compounds than a sharp
distinction, I do not believe that the words "not soluble in water" can
be legitimately used in this context.

As we are talking about varroa treatment compounds... Wax with
fluvalinate residue gives rise to honey with fluvalinate residue...
search for residue, honey, wax and you will find hundreds of documents
that show this happens.

The degree of solubility of fluvalinate in honey is not as large as for
wax, but it still occurs.

What makes you think that the chemical then degrades in contact with water ?

Regards & Best 73s, Dave Cushman, G8MZY
http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman or http://www.dave-cushman.net
Short FallBack M/c, Build 6.02/3.1 (stable)