From:
Robin Dartington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 2013 17:53:53 +0000
 Bil Harley <  I doubt that the client used to buying honey in squeeze plastic bottles would be prepared to pay the price (of beekeeper honey) so the demand for honey would shrink. I sell my own production directly to the consumer at 11 euros a kilo.<

But that would only shrink the market for imported damaged honey.  UK supermarkets sell clear honey for as low as £1 a lb,  2.56 eu per kg.  You can guess what the ingredients are in that. The consumers would probably switch to buying Golden Syrup if this fake honey was stopped.

The general price for beekeepers honey in UK is £5 to £5.50per lb,  12.80 eu per kg. my association trades on local, selling Hitchin Honey (produced in the town) at £4.30 per 0.340
Kg, = 14.7 eu per kg., to cover the annual costs of running the assn sites.   We plus other local beekeepers struggle to produce enough for the local demand.

Robin