From:
Cam Bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2017 07:31:46 -0400
> As far as your question about queen producers reporting problems:  Well, I
don't expect any will!  They don't hang on to all those queens for 90
days...they sell them as soon as they are mated and they see brood.
Instead, let's ask the question:  Out of the number of mated queens sold,
what percent are turning out to be good ones?

I'm a small sideliner but I don't raise queens, I buy them from different
vendors. My experience is that about 85% of the queens I buy turn out to be
good queens, I seldom get a drone layer and I'm pretty happy with the
queens. I skip around in suppliers mainly to keep my yards with different
queens. I've moved from Carni's to Italians and really like them better for
honey production and gentleness.