From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 09:13:16 -0800
At 11:38 AM 12/16/98 -0500, you wrote:

>California - The authorities that be should be challenged to point out
>just what has been "added" to cut comb honey.  Comb honey in all forms
>is really the most basic, purest form of honey there is.  It is even in
>its original container, as put there by the bee!  It is up the the
>consumer to decide what to do with this container (the beeswax cell).
>If he/she wants to eat the container, what should that matter to the
>state of California?

CUT COMB HONEY, COMB HONEY, HONEY all approved for Labels in California but
honey must be Pure or 100% honey so liquid honey with comb must be labeled
CUT COMB HONEY and not HONEY. I don't know if its been changed as there is
so little cut comb honey sold in California but it is a stock item in the
Mexican Section of many grocery stores today and has gained a small market
share.

Some one may want to search out the latest California laws to see if this
was ever changed but to the best of my knowledge it has not been.

I do agree California has some strange bee and honey regulations but I can
guarantee anyone that wants to challenge the regulatory authorities here
they will tell you the "law is the law" and to go to the hill, (not hell).

The hill is the abode of our law makers and laws can be changed but by the
time you jump through all the hoops you will could have purchased all the
cut comb honey in California and then end up getting the shaft from some
group that wants all honey labeled as poison because some kid they don't
know may have died from infant botulism.

It was a lot easier in the old days when you could take a truck load of
California Honey to the hill and have it put out on everybody's desk and
then have a local law maker introduce a law the same day to make some minor
change without a problem or great cost or effort. Today that would get you
some rest time in the lock up.

Chow, Andy-

(c)Permission is given to copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.

(w)OPINIONS are not necessarily facts. USE  AT OWN RISK!