From:
Bob & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 18:49:02 -0500
Hello George & All,
George wrote:
 You have a BEE SPACE problem. The frames were spaced too far apart BY YOU.
Bob wrote:
I start a large number of frames of foundation each year. All spaced 10
frames to the box and being fed syrup. I cull many of these frames because
the bees have not drawn correctly. The space between the frames of
foundation is much larger than *bee space* so many times the bees draw weird
comb. I scrape hundreds of frames drawn not to my standards upon inspection
the next year.
George wrote:
 Like an insurance policy, for over 60 years, I have always fed a new colony
 that is on foundation from its start in April until September, and I have
 never failed to have one of these colonies get through the winter with
great
 strength for next year.
Bob wrote:
I find this *kinda weird*. I would never put a nuc on the ground not
expecting to get a honey crop till the next year. I am getting ready this
month  to super all the nucs I made in April.
Bob