Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2017 14:28:58 +0000

Not really. The industry has benefitted from the income from pollination fees. Without almond pollination there would not be less migratory beekeeping, probably more. Some beekeepers move 5 or 6 times a year chasing honey flows.

Actually  I would bet you would see a huge decline,   Pollination of almonds keeps the industry alive.  I would guess around 1/2 the beeks rely on that income.
The self pollinating types are available here (independence)  but as of yet are not considered to be a huge success.  they still benefit from bees.
Don't forget  is the USDARS  that continues to try to develop self pollinating types.   THey may help us on one side but the other is hard at work eliminating the need for us.