From:
John Burgess <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Burgess <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 19:37:03 +0100
During the Welsh Beekeepers Convention last Saturday, I was able to talk to
Richard Jones, the Director of IBRA. As many of you will know, IBRA has
recently had to reduce it's staffing levels, and Richard told me that some
beekeepers had the impression that this had resulted in the library being
closed. He was able to tell me that, on the contrary, the services provided
by IBRA will continue in full, despite the difficult circumstances.

For those of you not familiar with IBRA, it has the most complete collection
of beekeeping literature in the world, and organises many events on
bee-related topics world-wide. It produces three regular journals, Bee
World, Apicultural Abstracts and the Journal of Apicultural Research. The
latest edition of Bee World contains an extensive review of AFB, including
123 references to original work.

The library, as has been mentioned in a previous posting, will carry out
literature searches and provide photocopies of relevant articles. Books from
the library are available for loan by post. These services carry a modest
fee, but membership of IBRA gives a reduction, for a mere £35 p.a.,
including a copy of Bee World.

Please excuse the plug for IBRA, but it is important to confirm that the
library continues to operate with a full range of services.

John Burgess, Editor Gwenynwyr Cymru/The Welsh Beekeeper