From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 2019 15:00:16 +0000
>>My only beef with the app so far is that once I've uploaded my reports
to the cloud, they're no longer accessible on the app.<<

That  capability, plus the ability to distribute copies to mutliple crew members, with automated reports back to the owner/manager on a daily basis is in the Pro Version of the app.  That takes a lot more programming, it's a more complex app to use, and it ups the requirements for confidentiality and security.

However, all of this is mute without training sets to tune the app.  The AI analysis modules are the same at all levels.  Your reports (reasonably health colonies, large and small) are as valuable for testing and training as those with problems, as long as we get the inspect reports so that we know when the app gets a correct answer and when it fails.  Those are critical tuning data sets.

As per chalkbrood - we haven't sufficient recordings yet to determine whether colony sounds can reveal it's presence.   It's certainly something we want to investigate.

Again everyone on Bee-L is welcome to Sign Up at www.beehealth.guru to follow the project in the context of the comments of everyone using the app.