From:
Dick Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 23:53:07 -0500
I used one of the new Bee-Max hives being sold by Better Bee, Dadant, and I
think at least another supplier or two this summer. Toward late
summer/early fall here in the Anchorage area, there was enough condensation
to form drops of water on the inside of the wooden inner cover that was
used with the hive.

Also, thought I’d pass this along--This is how one of the suppliers here in
the U.S. describes their wooden hive bodies:

“This is the year-round home for your bees. Here in the North country, a
sturdy, good quality Hive Body is essential. Our Hive bodies are
constructed from 7/8" thick eastern Pine (1/8" thicker than other
companies) to ensure a safe secure home for your bees. (Makes for a much
warmer winter home, as well!)”

Regards,
Dick Allen