From:
"Adrian M. Wenner" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2006 14:23:52 -0700
Dear BEE-L subscribers,

    The WESTERN APICULTURAL SOCIETY will hold its 2006 conference in
Buellton, California at the Pea Soup Andersen's conference center.  The
setting is the beautiful Santa Ynez Valley, with its California ranches
and where prize-winning wines are now produced — also, where the movie
"Sideways" was produced.

    We have arranged for inexpensive accommodations (especially for
those who make reservations before June 20th) at the Best Western motel
(Pea Soup Andersen's Inn, next door to the conference center).

    We have an exciting speaker line-up:  Joe Traynor (almond
pollination), Frank Eischen (Australian vs California bees in almond
pollination), David Kellum (living with Africanized bees),  Jim Bach
(formic acid use in the U.S.), Serge Labesque (self-sufficiency in
beekeeping), Adrian Wenner (odor and honey bee foraging), Tanya Pankiw
(brood pheromone effects), Robbin Thorp (diversity in native bees), Tom
Glenn (queen breeding), Marina Meixner (selection of honey bee lines),
Diana Sammataro (USDA Tucson lab studies on oxalic acid and sucrocide),
and Harrington Wells (European bees in Pakistan).

    The very low conference fee includes a Santa Maria style barbecue on
the last evening.

    For those who have time, Buellton is only 40 miles on an uncongested
freeway to the legendary city of Santa Barbara, with its myriad special
attractions.   We anticipate a post-conference whale watching tour from
the Santa Barbara harbor, where participants can usually see blue
whales at that time of year (the Santa Barbara has the largest
concentration of such whales anywhere), as well as many other marine
mammals.

    For full details, access the WAS web site at:
http://beekeeper.dbs.umt.edu/WAS/

										Adrian

Adrian M. Wenner		(805) 963-8508 (home office phone)
967 Garcia Road			[log in to unmask]
Santa Barbara, CA  93103	www.beesource.com/pov/wenner/index.htm