From:
"Carl H. Powell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 02:18:48 -0500
-=> Quoting Int:[log in to unmask] to Watchman <=-

 --
 >Jack & Susan Griffes
 >Country Jack's Honeybee Farm
 >Ottawa Lake, MI 49267
 >USA
 >e-mail   [log in to unmask]
 >Web page  http://www2.netcom.com/~griffes

 In> Would anyone agree that this (surviving untreated) is not the
 In> criterion for success. Surely we would want to monitor the mite
 In> population. How could this be estimated without using a chemical
 In> knockdown and stopping the trial ?
 In> --
 In> Dave Black
 In> <http://www.guildford.ac.uk/beehive>,
 In> Guildford, GU1 4RN.  UK.

Would using two identically furnished brood boxes set up as two hives in
the same site, both containing one complete frame of drone comb, one
containing 'commercial' Italians and the other "survivors" qualify as a
true test structure? (Multiplied by how ever many tests would be needed to
prove certainty.) I see this setup with the beekeeper using and recording
results from the '100 brood cell occurance rate' test done regularly every
30 or so days for a year to record successive 'generations'.

Comments?

Carl Powell
Tidewater, Va.

... Ifyoucanreadthisyouspendwaytoomuchtimefiguringouttaglines

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.20