From:
Doug Schlichting <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 08:30:34 -0400
I don't have any experience with wild turkeys eating bees, but  I raise turkeys for Thanksgiving.  I used to let the turkeys wander around the beehives.  I noticed that the turkeys would stand directly in front of the hive and eat as many bees as they could catch.

The turkeys were getting stung, but it did not deter them at all.  They seemed to really enjoy eating all those bees.

I enjoy honey on my cooked turkey, but I was not looking to raise bee fed turkey.  I have fenced off the hives now and the problem is solved.

I don't know exactly how many bees were consumed, but it looked significant enough that it would put a dent in the foraging and guard bee population.

Doug
New Gloucester, Maine