From:
DONALD M CAMPBELL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 20:58:26 -0400
Todd wrote:

>I've got several mediums full of honey that's about 50% crystallized in the
comb.  I can't extract >it properly centrifigully (extractor shakes like
hell!), and it's dark and excellent tasting (kind of >malty), so I don't
really want to give it back to the bees.  The foundation is crimped wire.
Any >suggestions?

I've had some good results liquefying crystallized honey by warming them up.
Place the combs in an insulated box, big enough for them. (I use an old
'broken' refrigerator.)  Use a 100 watt bulb and a small fan inside the box.
Check it after several hours to see how its progressing, it could take 12 to
24 hours to work.
I have a digital thermometer in my 'refrigerator heater' and the temperature
never goes above 110F.
I've done 5 gallon pails and comb with this contraption.

Bee happy,

Don