From:
DAVID ADAMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Oct 2009 19:57:15 -0400
I'm getting confused with all the defending of the positions just what this thread is about,maybe it's just me.
  Randy, you've researched a lot of info so maybe you or Bob will know. How many years has Neonicotinoids been in use? From what some of my growers here in florida say they've been using different ones for a while.
  For me and others which have been named on here often,by Bob, CCD,hit hard last month  three years ago,2006, which is not near as long as these products have been in use.
 I have to feel while Neonicotinoids are a concern and i'm sure cause local problems,thats not the "smoking gun" ,something major spread in  the USA  and changed
 In the fairy tale world I would have bees which murder mites and small hive beetles and still save themselves with emergency queen cells and all i'd have to do to make increases is put out the correct number of empty brood boxes,but............

 My other concern is if bees bring all this stuff home for diner, I have to wonder what it's doing being in the food we eat,it can't be good,and I don't have time to grow everything I eat.