From:
Garry Libby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Garry Libby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 05:40:38 -0400
Hello Everyone,

      I had a very good experience with Midnite bees. Last year a guy in
work asked Me to help Him start a hive(a task I will never do again unless
they go to bee school). He ordered Midnite bees and starting from a three LB
package on April 20th, got three full supers by mid-August. I'm sure He
would have gotten more had He known what He was doing. Those bees were very
gentle. I checked His hive with Him approximately six times last year
without a veil or gloves and neither of Us was stung once. This past
February this same Guy attended Beeschool along with His cousin. They made a
split from the original hive taking four frames of brood(medium) and two of
honey. The original hive is doing great, We did an inspection of His hive
from top to bottom, again with no veil or gloves and again neither of us was
stung. Just proving once again that You can have a mean and nasty hive from
ANY race or hybrid of bees. Midnite bees were developed for Hobbyists to be
gentle and produce a good amount of honey. I opened a school hive of Italian
bees today, just to peek at the top super. I was harassed by over fifty
harasser bees, bouncing off My veil and buzzing like crazy, they stopped and
went away as soon as I left the immediate area and checked another hive.
Does that mean Italian bees are harassers? NO.
Garry Libby
Attleboro, MA  U.S.A.
Still in draught conditions