From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2019 19:55:05 -0500
>> We're planning on a release of the [audio]
>> technology in April or May.  Our system
>> uses A.I., allowing our system to learn and improve.

> [Mention of Woods Apidictor]
> I am wondering if there is anyone out there that has
> found any sort of electronic hive monitoring to be
> useful. One might think that an idea that has been
> around for 70 years would have either borne fruit or died.

Comparing the purely analog frequency-spectrum analysis of the Wood
Apidictor to the kind of thing Jerry is working on is like comparing a toy
compass found in a cereal box with the navigation systems in an Airbus 380.

As far as "useful hive monitoring" goes, I get a lot of email from people
saying "thanks" for their Nectar Detector, as it is a simple and inexpensive
device that does what it says it does - allowing one to quickly weigh each
and every hive one owns, and thereby, track things like weight loss over
winter, and know (from a simple trend-line graph) how much time one has
before feed will be critical need for any one hive.  With packages suddenly
well above $140 in many places, knowing for sure which hives need feed pays
off far more than in just the savings of deploying fewer candyboards.