From:
David Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 22:23:03 EST
    It is with great sadness that hear that Andy Nachbaur, retired beekeeper,
and cyber-beekeeping pioneer, has entered into rest on March 17. Andy's wit
and wisdom, sometimes opinionated ramblings, will be greatly missed by this
beekeeper. Andy pioneered in cyberspace with a beekeeping bulletin board that
offered a lot of resources for beekeepers before the internet really got
going.

   He was a frequent contributor to the Bee List and to
Sci.Agriculture.Beekeeping, often kindly steering new beekeepers into greater
understanding of the craft, sometimes pricking the balloons of those who only
thought they were experts.

   He finally discontinued his bulletin board in favor of a web page, which
still can be found at www.beenet.com. The page will be taken over by a friend.

   I never met Andy personally. I knew him only through his writings, but
gained a great respect for him though this portal. Andy's posts were always
read first.  I hope someone close will fill us in on the details.

   Andy has been ill for some time and suffering greatly, and has been rather
quiet of late, so some of the new members of this group may not be aware of
his extensive contributions and of the great loss to all of us.