From:
Hugo Veerkamp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 1995 08:39:55 +0100
hoi Robert!

 > Helicobacter pylori is a bacteria in the stomach
 > who causes peptic ulcer,
 > cancer and probaly more. Treatment is difficult
 > because of the side effects of the medication.

 > Over a few weeks we start with a project called
 > Helicobacter pylori and
 > Honey.

Please let us all know some of your results afterwards ?!

 > Honey inhibits namely the grow of Helicobacter
 > pylori on plates. Were
 > gonna examine if honey also inhibits Hp in patients.
 > My question is, if there
 > are other divisions of gastroenterology researching at
 > the moment this
 > relationship?

The only thing I heard about honey w. respect to
gastroenterology, is the 'suspected' relationship
between ingestion of honey by infants under 1 year
of age, and SIDS( sudden infant death syndrome,
or 'wiegedood'); The word was 'infant botulism',
back in the seventies. Some sources deny this
relationship, others don't , but still the baby's
intestinsal tract seems to offer a good microclimate
for certain( anaerobic) bacteria.  Perhaps an interesting
footnote to your report ?

beste groeten, Hugo

 --
               \|/