From:
Ari Seppälä <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2007 15:36:39 +0300
I missed this part about flowering in my pervious mail. I think the
beekeeper talks about dandelions. That would be the only flower showing
opening / closing at this time of year here.  My opinion is that they stay
open till late afternnoon when the weather is cool, but close much earlier
in hot weather that we have now.

The change in closing time was radical as 10 days ago the day high
temperatures were + 12 - + 14, now + 26. Maybe also the fact that the
flowering period is coming to end has something to do with timing ?

How do dandelions stay open in other parts of the world ?

Ari Seppälä
Finland