From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2011 06:26:51 -0500
>My honey
ended up been GMO positive because of the soy flour and gmo canola pollen I
used in the patties.

So next year if you use a different foy flour & pollen your problem is
solved?

>Efectivelly the "escape" from the EU market started after the avocate
general pronouncement in february 2011. Honey from Argentina, Brasil, Mexico
and Uruguay have made its way to USA market at a lower price.

The above honey has always been sold into U.S. markets. Argentina honey is
packed daily by the large packers. Most has almost a rust color so the blend
is 8 drums Argentine honey to two drums of light U.S honey.

>For us chilean due to free trade agreements, means to accept a 43%
>reduction
in FOB dollar, changing from EU to USA.

Took us awhile to get to the *real* problem Juanse which is money.

Throughout my years involved with  beekeeping I have seen many *market
swings*. The most serious lasted several years when a flood of low priced
honey from China came in. Packers would not pay the prices they had been and
to sell honey we had to sell at the same price as the Chinese. Towards the
end packers would not buy U.S. honey even when sold quite a bit below
Chinese prices.

Beekeepers fought the *dumping* and won. The packer gold  mine ended.

There is good news and bad news with your problem Juanse.

The bad news is you most likely are going to have to sell your honey this
year to other than the U.K. and at a lower price.

The good news is this year honey is in short supply around the world so you
can at least sell your crop. Perhaps you can sell a part and hold out for a
better price on the rest.

World honey prices are predicted to rise next spring by many in the
industry.

Good luck!

bob